Thursday, May 26, 2011

Playing in the rain

 So last night, in the midst of some pretty fierce storms, there was a lull in the action for a few hours with just a gentle rain. Charlie wanted me to go out and check on the iris's we transplanted from my place to the house. We took a peek at them and they are fine, ready to bloom. That led to making footprints on the front porch with our bare feet. Max came out to join us and then Dan and the dog. We were all running around in the rain. The boys wanted to go splash in the puddles on the driveway. I decided to join them. Best.Time.Ever! What a great feeling to run and splash in the puddles, throw worms at each other, and just act like a kid again. I need to do that more often. We grow up and forget about the simple pleasures in life. We ended up playing some basketball, throwing a football, Max asked if he could sit in a puddle and I said "Of course!".  The boys are afraid of storms and after we were done playing they said they had a lot of fun and I don't think the rain was as threatening to them. I know *I* had a lot of fun.... been a long time since I played like a kid in the rain. Think I shall do more of it in the future.

No comments: