Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Moving forward

 Yesterday, I turned in the keys to the apartment I had rented for the past 10 years. The end of a decade. What a decade. Today is the 10 yr. anniversary of my working where I do. It's been 10 years since my marriage of 18 yrs dissolved. Not much changed until this last year and it has been one change after another. Both girls out of high school and into college. Meeting a wonderful man, albeit nothing that I had envisioned. (Younger, has young kids, no money, etc.) Moving into a beautiful house with said wonderful man. A 'family' (his) that I just love and I believe they feel the same about me. A future that looks to be happy, healthy, prosperous, and secure. Who'd a thunk it?

I feel like my life is a flower bud slowly opening up, revealing more and more great things each day. I keep waiting for the *other* shoe to drop. It has been too easy, too comfortable. But,for now, I am just accepting that I get to have time to be happy and content. Let the good times roll....and continue!

No comments: