Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Musings of a year gone by....


Been almost a year since I've posted anything on here. Frankly, I forgot all about it. Funny how life gets in the way of things at times. That's a good thing I feel. As with anyone a lot has happened, changed, improved, disappeared, adjusted....

I lost a cherished member of my family. Death is always more difficult for those of us left behind. In the midst of my grief I was comforted by the fact that he was no longer suffering. I still have moments when I think he is around and it takes a minute for my mind to process the fact that he is in fact gone.

I have settled in quite firmly in my new life. Loving the life I have now. I am truly blessed. I think for the most part the kinks have been ironed out. Dan worries that I will get tired of helping to raise his boys. I find so much joy in spending time with them. Boys are totally different than girls and I feel so lucky to be able to experience that. It certainly is different having young kids around at an age when most of my peers are becoming Grandparents, but I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. There is something to be said for being an older parent. One doesn't have to 'grow up' with ones children. You realize not to sweat the small stuff because it just doesn't matter all that much in the scheme of things.  At least that is my experience.


No comments: